On the 12th of September 2022, the International Labour Organization (ILO), Walk Free, and International Organization for Migration (IOM) released new Global Estimates on Modern Slavery: Forced Labour and Forced Marriage. The new estimates provide important insights and impetus to the work of the private sector on eradication of forced labour.
Looking for a summary? Our factsheet pulls together facts and figures relevant for the private sector.
To present the latest figures, the ILO GBNFL together with its members is organizing online briefings for interested companies and business representative organizations with both global and regional focuses. During these meetings, the ILO GBNFL will also present key actions necessary for identifying, preventing, and addressing the ILO’s 11 indicators of forced labour from its report on Eradicating forced labour: What works in practice.
More information on each meeting is available through the following links:
- North America, 14 September 2022, 14:00 EST. Register here.
- Africa, 20 September 2022, 13:00 CET. Register here.
- Latin America and the Caribbean, 23 September 2022, 09:00 GMT-5. Register here.
- Asia and the Pacific, TBC
- Forum for business initiatives, TBC
*Attendance criteria may vary according to event.